Thursday, May 21, 2009

Time to quit

*edited- I fixed the website address

No I don't smoke or drink so I'm not quiting that I am going to get off Paxil.

I have been on it this time since before I met my husband. I got on it over 6 years ago after a bad break up with an ex and before that I was on it for postpartum depression when I had my now 11 yr old.

So I know what it will be like to get off it and I am not looking forward to it. Some side effects while getting off are nausea, light headedness, headaches, almost like ZAPS to your brain, loss of appetite; hypersensitivity to motion, sounds and smells, dizziness, of course the emotional stuff too, etc. Seriously the list goes on, but I know it is time to get off, I am tired of not wanting sex with my husband. (That is one of the side effects to being on it.) And I would just like to try life without it now, we are in a great place in our life and deal with problems together so well so I think it should be good.

So please say a prayer for me this next two weeks or so are going to be hard on me and my family. I found this site http://www.quitpaxil.org/ and am going to get Derek to read through it so he will understand that I can not control how I feel at this time. I went through this with my ex, Jason, when I had postpartum also. I just don't think guys get the emotional and body stuff women go through.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

i love those flowers! i bet they smell wonderful

i know how you feel aboutr getting of it...i have been anit-depressent free for over a year. i have my bad days but they make the good days so much better!

Anonymous said...

GOOD FOR YOU Heather, and know that you are doing it for you and noone else, there is no shame in taking them and no shame for getting off either, I pray all goes smoothly and you come out better in the end!