Saturday, September 20, 2008

Menu Plan Mondays


OK so again it's not Monday, but I like to get my shopping done on the weekends now. Plus this weekend I am helping Ester out on Monday, Wyatt to school on Tues. and Thurs., Oil change for the car on Wednesday and scrappin with friends on Friday for my friend, Betsy's birthday. So I would rather get it all done now so it is one less thing to get done during the week.


~Homemade Pizza (Sat.)

~Whole slow cooker Chicken, green beans, Cheesy polenta

~Flat Chicken enchiladas

~Honey Rosemary Chicken w/ Yukon Gold potatoes

~Daria's slow cooker stroganoff w/ spinach salad

~Cabbage Roll Casserole

~Taco Rice (Family Favorite, recipe below)

Here is one of our family favorites, ones we make all the time. I have several family favorites and I keep them all on a separate Recipe blog. Hope you find some your family will like.

Taco Rice
1 lb. ground beef
1 onion-diced
1 pkg. taco seasoning
1 (16 oz) can Diced tomatoes
2 cups cooked rice
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Brown meat and drain. Combine meat, onion, taco seasoning, cooked rice, and tomatoes in large saucepan and simmer 5 minutes. Serve with flour tortillas, lettuce, cheese and sour cream. This is a great recipe to double or triple and freeze.







No comments: