Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Tonight's dinner

I made this recipe tonght and it was so so good. I followed some of the reviews and changed it up a little. Here is the original recipe and below is what I did.

Steak Sauerbraten

1 1/2 pounds top round steak, trimmed and sliced thin
1 (.75 ounce) packet dry brown gravy mix
2 cups water
1 tablespoon onion powder
3 tablespoon brown sugar
4-6 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger (I didn't have ginger so I didn't add it but it would have been good)
2 bay leaf
1/2 teaspoon salt
ground black pepper to taste

Place steak in crockpot. Mix all ingredients in bowl and then put over the steak and cook on low for 8-10 hours till meat starts to fall apart. I then took teh gravy (it is kind of thin) and put in pot and brought to a boil. I then mixed water and flour and whisked into the gravy to thicken.

1 comment:

Kimi said...

what did you serve with it? sounds yummy