Tuesday, December 30, 2008

pics and a recipe

Here is my scrap space, it isn't my actuall living room but it is in it. There is not much to do in the living room we cam only do one thing and that is where it is at, but i an always adding new organizing ideas to my scrap space.

It still feels to cluttered, but maybe that is just because i have to much stuff, nah couldn't be that.
Here is my new tins, it is so nice having everything off my table.
A place for my paints, buttons and flowers.
For Christmas Wyatt got a desk/easel and he loves it. I had to go buy no spill paint cups and the minute I brought them home yesterday he had to paint.
Beef Stew with Molasses and Raisins
So we had this last night and I was a little scared at what it was going to taste like because of the molasses, but man this was awesome. YUMMY!

1/3 C flour
2 tsp salt, divided
1 1/2 tsp black pepper, divided
2 lbs boneless beef chick roast, cut into 1 1/2 in. pieces
5 Tbsp oil, divided
2 medium onions, sliced
1 can (28oz) diced tomatoes, drained
1 C beef broth
3 Tbsp molasses
2 Tbsp cider vinegar
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp celery salt
1 bay leaf
1 small package (8 oz) baby carrots, cut into halves lengthwise
2 parsnips, diced
1/2 C golden raisins (we left this out)


Slow Cooker directions-

1. Combine flour, 1 1/2 tsp salt and 1 tsp pepper in large bowl. Toss beef in flour mixture. Heat 2 Tbsp oil in large skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add half of beef; brown on all sides. Remove browned beef; set aside. Repeat with 2 Tbsp oil and remaining beef.

2. Add remaining 1 Tbsp oil to skillet. Add onions; cool and stir about 5 minutes, scraping up any browned bits from bottom of skillet. Add tomatoes, broth, molasses, vinegar, garlic, thyme, celery salt, bay leaf, and remaining 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper. Bring to boil. add browned beef;boil 1 minute.

3. Transfer mixture to slow cooker. Cove; cook on LOW for 5 hours or on HIGH 2 1/2 hours. Add carrots , parsnips and raisins. Cook 1 to 2 hours more or until vegetables are tender. Remove and discard bay leaf.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Man you have a lot of scrapping stuff!!!! I love all the organizational stuff though.
Those no-spill paint cups are so cool. And I love the easel.

Jen said...

The scrap table looks great, you've been busy i see. I love the pic of wyatt painting, what is he painting? I loved those cups once,more than you will know.
Looks like a good secret ingredient recipe.