Thursday, March 09, 2006

Just like Martha

Well Wyatt didn't sleep at all last night, well that's what it felt like. He laid down at 7:30 and he went to bed good, but then he got up at around 1 something and I let him cry for 30 min. then got up with him for ten min., laid him back down, he cried for another 20 min., then I got up with him for another 30. He seemed to be gettting drowsy so I laid him down and he started screaming again. So this time Derek tried it and he brought him in to lay with us, but that didn't work. So I just got up with him and brought him out to the living room where we were up till 4am. I just ended up letting him crawl around and I watched tv. He crawled up to me and seemed like he wanted up and he curled up and fell asleep. So I got to bed back at 4am. And to make matters worse Derek and I stayed up till mdnight talking. And the funny thing is one of the things we talked about, I heard on Martha Stewart's tv show yesterday that she only gets 3 hours of sleep a night. Not sure how she does it. I am exhausted.
Oh and no I never nursed him, oh he wanted it, but I wasn't going to do it we have made it this far. Night #4.

1 comment:

Kimi said...

Heather, I'm proud of you for staying strong in the no nursing thing. Good job. I know Ryelie went througha few of those phases where she just kept getting up at night for no reason. It's weird, frustrating and tiring. I'm sorry. I hope you can catch some naps through out the day. I'll be praying for you. Ya know what's going to suck, Wyatt's going to be up and chipper like he got a full night sleep. Don't you wish we were like kids in that aspect?