So how do you meal plan??
Allot of people have asked that question. I seem to do the same thing every time and I guess it must work for me. And really it is pretty simple.
1. I search my favorite meal plan site, every Monday she has a link party and over 200 people post their menus. I go through lots of the sites and see what ideas I can find, some have recipes some don't. Meal Plan Monday from Orgjunkie.
2. If I have an idea already and just want a recipe with a certain food I want to use I search on All Recipes. They are awesome.
3. While searching I have a piece of paper next to me and write down each meal. Then on the back of the paper as I am looking at the recipe I write down what groceries I am gonna need to buy.
Now I do not give my recipes assigned days. To much is happening and I feel to obligated if they are assigned.
4. I then save each recipe in a folder marked This weeks Recipes in my Favorites toolbar.
5. I then usually if feeling up to it will post the menu on this blog with all recipe links if I have them.
I also have a few favorite sites I go to and see what recipes they have posted lately. Here are a few of them.
A Good Appetite
Two Novice Chefs, One Tiny Kitchen
Full Bellies, Happy Kids